We’re glad you’re here! We use piano methods developed by Inner Musician and Simply Music, and these unique approaches represent breakthroughs in music education. We offer in-person and online lessons Monday through Saturday, all year. (We use sensible precautions regarding COVID-19, and we will send you a detailed description of our protocols upon request.)
“What you have done and continue to do really blesses people. We continue to do our routine and the music that fills the house is a blessing to everyone. I am so thankful we began our lessons when we did. As a result we have the ability to enjoy the fruits of their labor; and yours.”
Heather K, mom of 4 Simply Music students
Our students learn to play the piano the same way that they learned their first language – by speaking first, and then learning to read and write. From the beginning, they are free to relate directly to the piano, using unique playing-based concepts that unfold directly onto the keyboard. After acquiring a solid foundation of 30 to 50 beautiful pieces (in a year or so), they learn how to read the music. Our students are playing great-sounding pieces, with both hands, from their very first lessons.
The results are amazing. Our studio is filled with confident students who love to play, who become excellent readers, and who fill their homes with music. Our students:
- Experience playing the piano as a natural self – expression,
- Learn a lot of music in little time – most learn 30 to 50 songs in their first year,
- Play a broad repertoire that includes blues, pop, jazz, contemporary and classical pieces with ease,
- Learn to “self – generate”, i.e., to progress independently as musicians. They learn to play with and without sheet music, they accompany other musicians, and they even learn how to improvise, compose, and arrange their own pieces, and
- Enjoy a positive, self – affirming experience in lessons, and when they practice at home.
We could say that this is the future of music education, but our students are achieving these results today, and every day that we teach.
We accept students ages 5 and up, our teachers are ready to help, and we can accommodate nearly any schedule. New classes start 5 times each year, and the next session starts on August 3. Space is limited, so if you think that you might want to start lessons in the next session, schedule a Free Introductory Session soon.
Push the button below to register for a Free Introductory Session, and learn how you and yours can make the piano a companion for a lifetime.
If you would like to chat with us before registering for a Free Introductory Session, please complete the form below, and we will get back to you within one business day. Or, you may call us at (785) 856-4400. If we are teaching and are unable to answer your call, please leave a message and we will return your call within one business day.